The more flexible, more powerful, more affordable 4-channel SPR
With Reichert, you get a four-channel surface plasmon resonance (SPR) system that provides results equivalent to the leading competitor, with a 30-70% lower total cost of ownership over five years. The Reichert4SPR System pushes the limits of detection and sensitivity for label-free biomolecular interaction analysis, which is one reason why it’s the top choice for leading universities, academic facilities and biotech startups around the world.
Only Reichert gives you
- High-quality, publication-ready data
- More flexibility (analyze crude samples, interface with other equipment)
- Easy-to-use software with guided workflows
- The best performance-to-cost ratio for individual labs
- A proven SPR leader since 1997
To see how Reichert can help advance your research and lead to new breakthroughs, contact us today to schedule a demo in your lab.Request a Demo
Lower Equipment Costs
Purchasing the Reichert4SPR System typically costs $100,000 less than the leading competitor.
Lower Operating Costs
Every SPR machine requires a sensor chip to attach proteins to. A typical lab can use 75–200 sensor chips each year, which is why you should always ask about the cost of chips when you’re considering an SPR system. At Reichert, our high-quality chips are often less than half the price of our competitors, so you can run more experiments without worrying about out-of-control costs.
No Costly Service Contract Required
Other SPR companies make you purchase a service contract, which can easily cost up to $150,000 over the course of five years. With the Reichert4SPR System, all of the typical parts that need maintenance are easy for you to access (and service) yourself. In fact, the amount you’ll save on maintenance over five years is nearly the amount you would spend on acquiring a brand new instrument. Of course, we do offer service contracts, if you would rather let us handle the regular maintenance.
Open System = High-Quality Data, More Flexibility
Four Channels For Greater Efficiency And Throughput
The Reichert4SPR System is a four-channel system, which means you can run up to three experiments at one time. Speed up your method development by testing different immobilization chemistries or regeneration schemes on each channel.
With four channels, you have the flexibility to run:
- 3 experimental channels with one reference channel (for testing of an analyte binding to multiple targets, for example)
- 2 experimental channels with separate references
- 4 channels or 2 pairs at once
- 2 pairs at different times
Software with Guided Workflows
Our software was designed for the way you work. Simply set up a few key parameters for your experiment, and you’re ready to go. The streamlined software guides the user through the entire experiment, from selection to immobilization to scale-up of large screening runs, so you can quickly develop and execute experiments (including couple and capture experiments).
- Fast experiment setup – even for novice users; very little training is required
- Guided workflow for all experiment types (couple and capture)
- Streamlined and versatile experiment setup to accommodate varying experience levels
- Flexible data analysis with multiple binding models
- Full qualification and validation support (GxP and 21CFR Part 11 regulatory compliance – no need to buy additional software)
- Access controls to ensure data integrity
- Configurable authorization levels for creating and running experiments, options and data export
- Log and audit trails that track modifications and maintain a complete history
With intuitive screens and faster runs, you’ll spend less time on set-up and manual entry, and more time on what matters to you.
An SPR leader since 1997
Reichert is a name you can trust. We’ve been working with SPR technology since 1997, selling to some of the top names in academics and private industry. We’ve been in business for more than 140 years. And we’re backed by a billion-dollar company, AMETEK, Inc.
Personal Service And Attention, Whenever You Need It
At Reichert, we’re here for you — just as we have been for more than 20 years — with the expert service and support you expect from an industry leader.
- Product demo in your lab: We’ll bring a machine to your lab, set it up, and show you how to run your samples so you can see the results for yourself. Request a demonstration.
- In-person set-up and training: When you purchase a Reichert system, we’ll come to your lab to set everything up for you and help train your staff.
- Ongoing support and troubleshooting: If you ever have a question or problem, just give us a call or send an email. We’ll help you address any issues, at any time.
For Early-stage Life Sciences And Material Science Research
SPR is typically used in academic and industry settings to advance research in a range of areas, including:
- Antibody development
- Drug development and discovery
- Concentration analysis
- Gene regulation
- Pharmaceutical research
- Studying protein structure and function determination
- Systems biology
- Thermodynamics analysis (ΔH & ΔS)
Whether you’re studying Alzheimer’s disease, developing new vaccines or focused on other areas of protein research, SPR can help you quickly determine whether proteins interact, and which ones are worth studying more.
Determine The Binding Properties Of Biomolecular Interactions
SPR allows you to study a variety of interactions, including those involving:
- Nucleic acids
- Small molecules
With Reichert’s accessible tubing, you can also perform SPR on crude samples, including:
- Whole cells
Label-free Technique Saves You Time
With SPR, you work with native proteins, which means you don’t have to attach another molecule to one of your proteins. Instead, you’ll use our SPR device to immobilize one of your proteins on a small “chip,” and then flow your other protein or molecule over the chip to see the response and study the interaction.
SPR: More Data, Greater Accuracy Than Other Techniques
With SPR, you get a large volume of highly accurate information about protein interactions, including the strength of the interactions (affinities) and the binding kinetics — how fast the molecules are binding (associating) and dissociating. Other techniques don’t provide as much data and aren’t as accurate.
|Sample Loading||Autosampler. Up to 768 samples|
|Injection Volume||1 uL to 4,500 uL (depends on installed loop volume)|
|Temperature Range||10°C below ambient to 70°C|
|Sample Storage||4°C or ambient temperature|
|21 CFR Part 11||Compliant|
|Baseline Noise||0.05 uRIU (RMS)|
|Baseline Drift||< 0.1 uRIU/min|
|Minimum Molecular Weight Detection||< 100 Daltons|
Typical Kinetic and Equilibrium Constant Ranges
|Association Rate Constant||103 to 108 M-1 s-1|
|Dissociation Rate Constant||10-1 to 10-6 s-1|
|Equilibrium Dissociation Constant||10-3 to 10-12 M|
Compare the Reichert4SPR to Biacore's T200
The Reichert4SPR, is the new standard for Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) instrumentation. Our 4-Channel system features high sensitivity with maximum flexibility and uptime to meet even your most demanding applications. The Reichert4SPR provides more value than the leading competitor by featuring easy-to-access fluidics, lower operating and maintenance costs and our 5 year total cost of ownership is 30% lower than our leading competitor.
|Number of Channels||4||4|
|Injection of Lysates, Cells, Particulates||✓Yes||No|
|Autosampler Capacity||✓Maximum 768 samples||Maximum 384 samples|
|Baseline Drift||✓0.01 RU/min||< 0.3 RU/min|
|Baseline Noise||0.05 RU(RMS)||0.03 RU(RMS)|
|Sensor Chip Cost||✓$84 for dextran chip||$150 for dextran chip|
|Specialized Flow Cells||✓Electrochemistry, Photochemistry,
Fluorescence, Mass Spectrometry
|Sample Volume||✓5 µL to 5000 µL||2 - 350 µL|
|Temperature Range||✓10°C below ambient to 70°C||4 - 45°C|
|Flow Rate Range||✓0.1 - 3000 µL/min||1 – 100 µL/min|
|Minimum Molecular Weight Detection||< 100 Da||< 100 Da|
|Equilibrium Dissociation Constant Range||10-3 – 10-12M||10-4 – 10-12M or 10-15M|
|Maintenance Costs||✓< $10K||> $20K|
See for yourself how the Reichert4SPR System can help you make new discoveries. Contact us today, to set up a hands-on demonstration in your lab.