2-Channel Surface Plasmon Resonance System
The Best 2-Channel SPR Value You Can Buy.
Choose the 2-channel surface plasmon resonance (SPR) system that lets you do more — and costs up to 30% less than the leading competitor. The Reichert2SPR System pushes the limits of detection and sensitivity, which is why it’s used by leading universities, academic facilities and biotech startups around the world for label-free biomolecular interaction analysis.
With Reichert, you get more, including:
- High-quality, publication-ready data
- The most sensitive, flexible and affordable 2-channel system available
- The best performance-to-cost ratio for individual labs
- A proven SPR leader since 1997
To see how Reichert can help advance your research and lead to new breakthroughs, contact us today to schedule a demo in your lab.
Save Up to 30% with Reichert — The Affordable Choice
Spend less money on equipment and maintenance — and more on your research — when you choose Reichert. In fact, the typical research lab can save $17,000 per year, per system, compared to the equivalent performing systems. That’s $85,000 over the next five years — valuable funds that you can use for your staff and other critical research needs.
Lower Equipment Costs
Purchasing the Reichert 2SPR System typically costs $25,000 less than the leading competitor.
Lower Operating Costs
Every SPR machine requires chips to couple proteins to. A typical lab can use 75–200 sensor chips each year, which is why you should always ask about the cost of chips when you’re considering an SPR system. At Reichert, our high-quality chips are often less than half the price of our competitors, so you can run more experiments without worrying about out-of-control costs.
No Costly Service Contract Required
Other SPR companies make you purchase a service contract, which can easily cost up to $150,000 over the course of five years. With the Reichert 2SPR System, all of the typical parts that need maintenance are easy for you to access (and service) yourself. Of course, we do offer service contracts, if you would rather let us handle the regular maintenance.
Open System = High-Quality Data, More Flexibility
Get High-Quality, Publication-ReadyData
The Reichert 2SPR System offers significant advantages for researchers and scientists. Whether you’re working with simple solutions or more challenging assays, you can count on Reichert to offer:
- High sensitivity — study protein interactions with low molecular weight (down to approximately 100Da) compounds; enhanced sensitivity also makes the Reichert2SPR System ideal for:
- High quality kinetic analysis
- Affinity measurements for weak or strong interactions (ranging from 1mM to 1pM)
- Precise determination of thermodynamic parameters
- Accurate concentration analysis
- Industry-leading low drift (0.1 μRIU/min)
- Extremely low noise (0.05 μRIU rms)
- Faster baseline stability — the Reichert2SPR System stabilizes 2x-3x faster than the competition, due to our streamlined fluidics
- High sample capacity (up to 768 samples per run)
Open System = More Control, More Flexibility, More Time for Research
Other SPR systems only allow for limited access to critical parts. But with Reichert, everything you need to access is right out in the open, which makes your life — and your research — much easier.
Easy to Change as Your Research Evolves
The Reichert 2SPR System is designed to be as flexible as possible, from changeable tubes to an easily accessible flow cell. Wherever your research takes you in the future, you can be rest assured that Reichert will let you stay on track, without costly upgrades and changes.
5-Minute Tubing Changes
With Reichert, you can change the tubing whenever you want in just minutes — without having to wait around for a service call. That’s because all Reichert SPR systems are designed to use low-cost, off-the-shelf HPLC fittings and tubing that are easily accessible to you and your staff. With Reichert, you can:
- Change the tubing to different sizes
- Accommodate a wide range of sample compositions (from pure soluble solutions to cell lysates), varying viscosities, and particulate matter
- Run crude samples without having to purify them — saving you time and providing even greater flexibility — without risking costly delays and service calls; crude samples include:
- Whole cells
- Stop worrying about clogs — if a tube is damaged, blocked or clogged, you can replace it yourself in just a few minutes, using standard tubing
Easy-to-Clean Flow Cells
While some competitors require you to replace a flowcell cartridge once or twice a year, our flow cells are easy to clean (and, if necessary, change) yourself and are not a consumable. We offer standard flow cells, as well as specialized flow cells that can be used simultaneously with other valuable analytical techniques, opening up new opportunities for investigation in SPR experiments.
A Wide Variety of Standard and Specialized Chips
Our sensor chips perform equivalently to the leading competitor’s chips, at a significantly lower cost. Reichert offers all standard chips, including:
- Carboxymethyl dextran
- Planar polyethylene glycol/carboxyl
- Nickel nitrilotriacetic acid
- Hydrophobic planar alkyl
- Protein A
- Plain gold (if you want to add your own chemistry)
- Specialized sensor chips are also available.
Interface with Other Modules for All-in-One Experimentation Options
Reichert’s open, component-based design lets you connect the Reichert 2SPR System to other modules, and gain valuable new information in a single experiment.
Our specialized flow cells let you:
- Combine Reichert SPR with:
- Couple Reichert SPR with:
- Mass spectrometry
- Liquid chromatography
An SPR leader since 1997
Reichert is a name you can trust. We’ve been working with SPR technology since 1997, selling to some of the top names in academics and private industry. We’ve been in business for more than 140 years. And we’re backed by a billion-dollar company, AMETEK, Inc.
Personal Service and Attention, Whenever You Need It
At Reichert, we’re here for you — just as we have been for more than 20 years — with the expert service and support you expect from an industry leader.
- Product demo in your lab: We’ll bring a machine to your lab, set it up, and show you how to run your samples so you can see the results for yourself. Request a demonstration.
- In-person set-up and training: When you purchase a Reichert system, we’ll come to your lab to set everything up for you and help train your staff.
- Ongoing support and troubleshooting: If you ever have a question or problem, just give us a call or send an email. We’ll help you address any issues, at any time.
Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) is a technique that lets you investigate biomolecular interactions (including, but not limited to, protein-protein binding and protein-small molecule binding) in real-time. With SPR, you can determine if there is an interaction with your protein or other target molecule — and, if so — answer questions about the interaction including:
- How fast do the molecules associate and dissociate?
- How strong is the interaction (affinity)?
- How specific is it?
If you have questions about whether or not SPR is right for your lab, please contact us.
For Early-Stage Life Sciences and Material Science Research
SPR is typically used in academic and industry settings to advance research in a range of areas, including:
- Antibody development
- Drug development and discovery
- Concentration analysis
- Gene regulation
- Pharmaceutical research
- Studying protein structure and function determination
- Systems biology
- Thermodynamics analysis (ΔH & ΔS)
Whether you’re studying Alzheimer’s disease, developing new vaccines or focused on other areas of protein research, SPR can help you quickly determine whether proteins interact, and which ones are worth studying more.
Label-Free Technique Saves You Time
With SPR, you work with native proteins, which means you don’t have to attach another molecule to one of your proteins. Instead, you’ll use our SPR device to immobilize one of your proteins on a small “chip,” and then flow your other protein or molecule over the chip to see the response and study the interaction.
Determine the Binding Properties of Bimolecular Interactions
SPR allows you to study a variety of interactions, including those involving:
- Nucleic acids
- Small molecules
With Reichert’s accessible tubing, you can also perform SPR on crude samples, including:
- Whole cells
SPR: More Data, Greater Accuracy Than Other Techniques
With SPR, you get a large volume of highly accurate information about protein interactions, including the strength of the interactions (affinities) and the binding kinetics — how fast the molecules are binding (associating) and dissociating. Other techniques don’t provide as much data and aren’t as accurate.
|Transducer Principle||Kretschmann prism, multiple angles from fixed light input
Measurement Channels – Two (either parallel or series fluid connection)
|Sample Loading||Autosampler or semi-automatic injector, standard HLPC tubing and connectors, external syringe pump|
|Sample Capacity||Any combination of up to 2 trays can be used. Choose: 12 (10 mL) or 48 (2 mL) vials; or 96-well (high or low) or 384-well plates|
|Sample Storage||4°C or ambient temperature|
|Flow Cell Volume (per channel) – 0.18 µL||Flow Cell Surface Area (per channel) – 4.5 mm² (reference value)|
|Aspect Ratio||> 25 (width/height)|
|Fluid Contact Materials||Teflon™, Acetal Copolymer, PEEK™, Kalrez™, ETFE (Tefzal™)|
|Sample Volume||20-4500 µL (depends on installed loop volume)|
|System Fluid Volume||28 µL (typically) (0.01" I.D. tubing) or 7.5 µL (0.005" I.D. tubing)|
|Temperature Range||10°C below ambient to 70°C|
|Refractive Index Resolution||< 10-7 RIU (< 0.1 µRIU)|
|Refractive Index Range||1.33 to 1.40 (@780nm)|
|Analyte Concentration Range||1 mM to 1 pM|
|Minimum Molecular Weight Detection||< 100 Daltons|
|Baseline Noise||0.1 µRIU peak-to-peak, 0.05 µRIU RMS, @ 25 mL/min|
|Baseline Drift||< 0.1 µRIU/min|
TYPICAL KINETIC AND EQUILIBRIUM CONSTANT RANGES
|Association Rate Constant||103to 107M-1s-1|
|Dissociation Rate Constant||10-1to 10-5s-1|
|Equilibrium Dissociation Constant||0.1 mM to 1 pM|
|Electrical||AC Power Supply, standard international voltage range w/universal adapter from 100 to 240 V; 50 to 60 Hz|
|Regulatory||Compliance with the applicable sections of the European EMC Directive and IEC safety requirements for laboratory electrical equipment for measurement and control|
|Product Safety||Compliance with IEC 61010-1 (Low Voltage Directive) under a Category classification EMC and Safety: CE mark certification (Class A, Type II)|
Compare the Reichert2SPR to Cytiva BiacoreTM X100
The Reichert2SPR - Reichert's SR7500DC system is the smart choice for scientists and lab managers. Reichert surface plasmon resonance instruments provide a highly sensitive and flexible platform to meet the demands of a variety of applications. Reichert’s low maintenance costs, autosampler capacity, and sensitivity make it the obvious choice.
|Number of Channels||2||2|
|Autosampler Capacity||Maximum 768 samples||15 samples|
|Baseline Drift||0.1 RU/min||< 0.3 RU/min|
|Baseline Noise||0.05 RU(RMS)||< 0.1 RU(RMS)|
|Specialized Flow Cells||Electrochemistry, Photochemistry, Fluorescence, Mass Spectrometry||None|
|Sample Compartment Temperature||4°C or Ambient||Ambient|
|Flow Rate Range||0.1 –3000 µL/min||1 – 100 µL/min|
Reichert's powerful software platform for all Reichert 2-channel instruments, provides integrated data acquisition, automated sample handling, and data analysis:
• Integrated sophisticated control of the Reichert SPR System
• Flexible, intuitive, step-by-step control of the Surface Plasmon Resonance system.
• Drag and drop methods to set up multi-sample run tables.
• Manual control of each component individually without constraints – the ultimate flexibility for real-time method development
Reichert's SPR software is validated with 21 CFR part 11 technical controls
Protecting the security and integrity of electronic records (ER) is essential for compliance. This includes ensuring the reliability and trustworthiness of ER used to support critical decisions. Features in Reichert’s SPR software include:
• Data security and integrity – access control along with file encrypted checksums
• User authorization levels – administrator, factory, and user levels set access rights to software functions
• Record tracking – experiment details, events, and user identities are logged in a date- and timed-stamped secure file
• Data can be exported both manually and automatically in a variety of formats, including tab delineated text files and Scrubber® data analysis files
The software has been developed in accordance with an accepted development model to ensure adequate validation.
Experimental Method Development
B Program Run Table Screen
Developing an experimental method with drag and drop functionality is easy. To begin, a standard method can be dragged and dropped from the “Available Methods” section (center) to the run table window. The method can be quickly modified as necessary by the researcher. User defined methods can be saved for reuse in future experiments. In the example sequence, step 1 is a pump refill and step 2 is a 1-minute wait for baseline stabilization. The third step is a 2 minute 100µL sample injection from vial 1A followed by a 5 minute dissociation period. The final steps are a 50µL injection of a regeneration solution followed by a 1 minute dissociation. The checked “Rinse” box in an injection method washes the sample loop and needle with buffer prior to the next sample injection. Multiple injections are easily programmed by simply dragging and dropping a “Loop” command at the beginning and end of the methods that are to be run several times. The number of loops is set in a user-definable box in the loop end command. The vial position will automatically increment. This functionality easily facilitates scale-up of experiments in minutes, to take advantage of Reichert's high capacity autosampler - including injections from 96 and 384 well plates or 48 or 12 vial sample trays.
Data acquisition window
Data Acquistion-Real Time Visualization
Data from the individual channels and difference can be viewed together or separately in real-time. Both the response (Y axis) and time (X axis) axis may be auto-scaled or set to user-defined limits. Individual cycles can be selected to quickly zoom in on an area of interest. The data window can also be expanded over a defined region to allow close examination of the SPR response curves. In addition, this window continuously displays the status of each system component, read time interval, flow rate, temperature, file name and injection/dissociation markers.
Post Process Window