4-Channel Surface Plasmon Resonance System
The More Flexible, More Powerful, More Affordable 4-Channel SPR.
With Reichert, you get a four-channel surface plasmon resonance (SPR) system that provides outstanding data, with a 30-70% lower total cost of ownership over five years as compared to equivalent performing systems.
Reichert Gives You:
- High-quality, publication-ready data
- More flexibility (analyze crude samples, interface with other equipment)
- Easy-to-use software with guided workflows
- The best performance-to-cost ratio for individual labs
- A proven SPR leader since 1997
To see how Reichert can help advance your research and lead to new breakthroughs, contact us today to schedule a demo in your lab.
Save Up To 40% With Reichert — The Affordable Choice
Spend less money on equipment and maintenance — and more on your research — when you choose Reichert. In fact, the typical research lab can save $25,000 per year. That’s $125,000 over the next five years — valuable funds that you can use for your staff and other critical research needs.
Lower Equipment Costs
Less initial capital expense means more money for you to address other laboratory needs.
Lower Operating Costs
Every SPR machine requires a sensor chip to attach proteins to. A typical lab can use 75–200 sensor chips each year, which is why you should always ask about the cost of chips when you’re considering an SPR system. At Reichert, our high-quality chips are often less than half the price of our competitors, so you can run more experiments without worrying about out-of-control costs.
No Costly Service Contract Required
Other SPR companies make you purchase a service contract, which can easily cost up to $150,000 over the course of five years. With the Reichert4SPR System, all of the typical parts that need maintenance are easy for you to access (and service) yourself. In fact, the amount you’ll save on maintenance over five years is nearly the amount you would spend on acquiring a brand new instrument. Of course, we do offer service contracts, if you would rather let us handle the regular maintenance.
Open System = High-Quality Data, More Flexibility
GET HIGH-QUALITY, PUBLICATION-READY DATA
The Reichert4SPR System offers significant advantages for researchers and scientists. Whether you’re working with simple solutions or more challenging assays, you can count on Reichert to offer:
- High sensitivity — study protein interactions with low molecular weight (down to approximately 100Da) compounds; enhanced sensitivity also makes the Reichert4SPR System ideal for:
- High quality kinetic analysis
- Affinity measurements for weak or strong interactions (ranging from 1mM to 1pM)
- Precise determination of thermodynamic parameters
- Accurate concentration analysis
- Industry-leading low drift (0.1 μRIU/min)
- Extremely low noise (0.05 μRIU rms)
- Faster baseline stability — the Reichert4SPR System stabilizes 2x-3x faster than the competition, due to our streamlined fluidics
- High sample capacity (up to 768 samples per run)
Open System = More Control, More Flexibility, More Time for Research
Other SPR systems only allow for limited access to critical parts. But with Reichert, everything you need to access is right out in the open, which makes your life — and your research — much easier.
Easy to Change as Your Research Evolves
The Reichert4SPR System is designed to be as flexible as possible, from changeable tubes to an easily accessible flow cell. Wherever your research takes you in the future, you can be rest assured that Reichert will let you stay on track, without costly upgrades and changes.
5-Minute Tubing Changes
With Reichert, you can change the tubing whenever you want in just minutes — without having to wait around for a service call. That’s because all Reichert SPR systems are designed to use low-cost, off-the-shelf HPLC fittings and tubing that are easily accessible to you and your staff. With Reichert, you can:
- Change the tubing to different sizes
- Accommodate a wide range of sample compositions (from pure soluble solutions to cell lysates), varying viscosities, and particulate matter
- Run crude samples without having to purify them — saving you time and providing even greater flexibility — without risking costly delays and service calls; crude samples include:
- Whole cells
- Stop worrying about clogs — if a tube is damaged, blocked or clogged, you can replace it yourself in just a few minutes, using standard tubing
Easy-to-Clean Flow Cells
While some competitors require you to you to replace a flow cell cartridge once or twice a year, our flow cells are easy to clean (and, if necessary, change) yourself and are not a consumable. We offer standard flow cells, as well as specialized flow cells that can be used simultaneously with other valuable analytical techniques, opening up new opportunities for investigation in SPR experiments.
A Wide Variety of Standard and Specialized Chips
Our sensor chips are also affordable and perform equivalent to sensor chips that cost at least twice as much as others on the market. Reichert offers all standard chips, including:
- Carboxymethyl dextran
- Planar polyethylene glycol/carboxyl
- Nickel nitrilotriacetic acid
- Hydrophobic planar alkyl
- Protein A
- Plain gold (if you want to add your own chemistry)
Specialized sensor chips are also available.
Four Channels for Greater Efficiency and Throughput
The Reichert4SPR System is a four-channel system, which means you can run up to three experiments at one time. Speed up your method development by testing different immobilization chemistries or regeneration schemes on each channel.
With four channels, you have the flexibility to run:
- 3 experimental channels with one reference channel (for testing of an analyte binding to multiple targets, for example)
- 2 experimental channels with separate references
- 4 channels or 2 pairs at once
- 2 pairs at different times
We also offer a two-channel system in both semi-automatic and automatic configurations, for labs that need an even more affordable option, or don’t require the throughput of a 4-channel instrument.
An SPR leader since 1997
Reichert is a name you can trust. We’ve been working with SPR technology since 1997, selling to some of the top names in academics and private industry. We’ve been in business for more than 140 years. And we’re backed by a billion-dollar company, AMETEK, Inc.
Personal Service and Attention, Whenever You Need It
At Reichert, we’re here for you — just as we have been for more than 20 years — with the expert service and support you expect from an industry leader.
- Product demo in your lab: We’ll bring a machine to your lab, set it up, and show you how to run your samples so you can see the results for yourself. Request a demonstration.
- In-person set-up and training: When you purchase a Reichert system, we’ll come to your lab to set everything up for you and help train your staff.
- Ongoing support and troubleshooting: If you ever have a question or problem, just give us a call or send an email. We’ll help you address any issues, at any time.
Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) is a technique that lets you investigate biomolecular interactions (including, but not limited to, protein-protein binding and protein-small molecule binding) in real-time. With SPR, you can determine if there is an interaction with your protein or other target molecule — and, if so — answer questions about the interaction including:
- How fast do the molecules associate and dissociate?
- How strong is the interaction (affinity)?
- How specific is it?
If you have questions about whether or not SPR is right for your lab, please contact us.
For Early-Stage Life Sciences and Material Science Research
SPR is typically used in academic and industry settings to advance research in a range of areas, including:
- Antibody development
- Drug development and discovery
- Concentration analysis
- Gene regulation
- Pharmaceutical research
- Studying protein structure and function determination
- Systems biology
- Thermodynamics analysis (ΔH & ΔS)
Whether you’re studying Alzheimer’s disease, developing new vaccines or focused on other areas of protein research, SPR can help you quickly determine whether proteins interact, and which ones are worth studying more.
Label-Free Technique Saves You Time
With SPR, you work with native proteins, which means you don’t have to attach another molecule to one of your proteins. Instead, you’ll use our SPR device to immobilize one of your proteins on a small “chip,” and then flow your other protein or molecule over the chip to see the response and study the interaction.
Determine the Binding Properties of Bimolecular Interactions
SPR allows you to study a variety of interactions, including those involving:
- Nucleic acids
- Small molecules
With Reichert’s accessible tubing, you can also perform SPR on crude samples, including:
- Whole cells
SPR: More Data, Greater Accuracy than Other Techniques
With SPR, you get a large volume of highly accurate information about protein interactions, including the strength of the interactions (affinities) and the binding kinetics — how fast the molecules are binding (associating) and dissociating. Other techniques don’t provide as much data and aren’t as accurate.
|Sample Loading||Autosampler. Up to 768 samples|
|Injection Volume||1 uL to 4,500 uL (depends on installed loop volume)|
|Temperature Range||10°C below ambient to 70°C|
|Sample Storage||4°C or ambient temperature|
|21 CFR Part 11||Compliant|
|Baseline Noise||0.05 uRIU (RMS)|
|Baseline Drift||< 0.1 uRIU/min|
|Minimum Molecular Weight Detection||No lower limit for organic molecules|
TYPICAL KINETIC AND EQUILIBRIUM CONSTANT RANGES
|Association Rate Constant||103to 108M-1s-1|
|Dissociation Rate Constant||10-1to 10-6s-1|
|Equilibrium Dissociation Constant||10-3to 10-12M|
Compare the Reichert4SPR to Cytiva Biacore™ T200
The Reichert4SPR, is the new standard for Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) instrumentation. Our 4-Channel system features high sensitivity with maximum flexibility and uptime to meet even your most demanding applications. The Reichert4SPR provides more value by featuring easy-to-access fluidics, lower operating and maintenance costs, and maximum flexibility with no compromise in performance.
|Reichert4SPR||Cytiva Biacore™ T200|
|Number of Channels||4||4|
|Autosampler Capacity||Maximum 768 samples||Maximum 462 samples|
|Baseline Drift||0.1 RU/min||< 0.3 RU/min|
|Baseline Noise||0.05 RU(RMS)||0.03 RU(RMS)|
|Specialized Flow Cells||Electrochemistry, Photochemistry,
Fluorescence, Mass Spectrometry
|Temperature Range||10°C below ambient to 70°C||4 - 45°C|
|Flow Rate Range||0.1 - 3000 µL/min||1 – 100 µL/min|
|Minimum Molecular Weight Detection||No lower limit for organic molecules||No lower limit for organic molecules|
Reichert sets the standard for easy-to-use SPR with new software for the Reichert4SPR - 4-Channel SPR Instrument. Redesigned with the scientist in mind, the new software is intuitive, easy-to-use and powerful.